TQ0580 : Slough Arm junction


A narrowboat emerges from the Slough Arm onto the main line of the Grand Union Canal.

The extension to Slough was completed in 1882 to serve the brick-making industry. The last commercial traffic was carried in 1960, but as plans to fill it in were opposed locally, the stretch was re-opened in 1975 and has remained in use since.