TQ1566 : Marney’s Village Inn, Weston Green


It is believed that this building was originally a hunting lodge belonging to Hampton Court Palace but it is known to have become a pub by the mid-19th century when it was named the Alma Inn after the Crimean War battle of 1854. It was renamed Marney’s in November 1994, just over ten years before this photograph was taken, after a family who lived and traded in a wood yard where the pub garden is now. In this view there was evidently a visit from a group of bikers.