TQ2375 : Watch house in Putney Burial Ground


Putney Burial Ground was opened in 1763 and is immediately to the south of Upper Richmond Road. This building also dates from 1763 as can be seen from the date over the door – a close up of the notice can be seen at https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/6765549 The building was presumably a watch house to deter grave robbers.